Saturday, December 7, 2013

The Little Nun that Could

            for Jill

            When lift plus thrust is greater than
            load plus drag, anything can fly.

There is a moment when
the wind drifts at just the right
angle, rustling leaves, teasing
my habit. I have just the right
song in my heart, producing
lift. The aerodynamics of the
soul is unknown, the purity
of my body, the naivety of my
mind. Nothing tells me I can
not fly, so I try.

-

"The Little Nun that Could" is included in Issue 8 (Fall 2013) of Mock Turtle Zine, my forth contribution to this local Dayton journal.

My poem "All of a Sudden, but Notis included in the Spring 2013 issue (#7) and "Beware of Poet" and "An Ubi Sunt for the Bees" appeared in the Fall 2012 issue (#6) of Mock TurtleIn addition, "An Ubi Sunt . . ." was originally included in issue #5.

Issues of Mock Turtle (including issues #5, #6, #7 and #8) can be viewed online.

Eric



No comments: